In this episode, Cheddy and Michelle discuss: When to not take responsibility Focusing on what you can control The journey of pursuing a goal Creating something from nothing Key takeaways: Taking responsibility over things...
In this episode, Cheddy and Michelle discuss:
- When to not take responsibility
- Focusing on what you can control
- The journey of pursuing a goal
- Creating something from nothing
- Taking responsibility over things that you don’t own is sometimes an admirable trait, but in many ways it’s very unhealthy and it doesn’t do much good. A person who does that will end up getting frustrated over something they have no power over.
- Focus your energy on where you can do good and define clearly to yourself what you are responsible for, factually speaking. You are not responsible for other individuals.
- There is so much value, so much growth that one could attain by being on a journey of pursuing a goal. It’s never about getting the goal, it’s about becoming the person you needed to be to achieve that goal.
- The possibility is limitless when you accept personal responsibility for your goals. You are in charge of your mind, you are in charge of your destiny, and you are in charge of your life. You can create something from nothing, but you have to decide what that something is.
“It’s not about taking responsibility for another individual’s actions, reactions, or inactions. It’s about understanding and building an awareness of what you are in control of, what you are empowered to believe, what you are empowered to think about…” - Michelle Wickman
Connect with Cheddy Matthews:
Connect with Michelle Wickman: