In this episode, Cheddy and Michelle discuss: What is motivation Tactics that would inspire us into taking action Mindset for action Identifying your goals and your whys Key takeaways: Motivation is a feeling. It is a sensation that you are...
In this episode, Cheddy and Michelle discuss:
- What is motivation
- Tactics that would inspire us into taking action
- Mindset for action
- Identifying your goals and your whys
- Motivation is a feeling. It is a sensation that you are inspired to take action, and accomplish something.
- There are four tactics that you can deploy in order to get motivated and this includes the inner drill instructor (shut up and get it done), the hostage negotiator (acknowledging the reasons you don’t want to do something but telling yourself the benefits you can receive by taking action), the bribing the toddler (giving yourself a reward for doing the thing), and the inner psychic (knowing it’s not going to happen so you find external reasons or other methods to get it done).
- Your mindset for action is your willpower to go from thinking about doing something to actually doing it, as well as your persistence to keep going despite not knowing what comes ahead in the pursuit of a larger objective.
- Your goals and your whys are your personal motivation to get into action.
“There’s going to be setbacks, and there’s going to be failures. It’s how you manage your thoughts and emotions, how you acknowledge the successes that you’ve had, and how you acknowledge the movement and the momentum that you’ve created with the actions that you’ve taken” - Michelle Wickman
Connect with Michelle Wickman:
Connect with Cheddy Matthews:
Connect with The Winning Inside Podcast: