In this episode, Cheddy, Michelle, and Detective Kevin Doucette of the New Orleans Police Department discuss: Winning the war in your mind Responsibility and obligation Going beyond your limits Faith that will keep you moving...
In this episode, Cheddy, Michelle, and Detective Kevin Doucette of the New Orleans Police Department discuss:
- Winning the war in your mind
- Responsibility and obligation
- Going beyond your limits
- Faith that will keep you moving forward
- On April 21st, 2020, Detective Doucette, a former U.S. Marine, and everyday hero, was shot in the line of duty. More than two years and 14 surgeries later, Detective Kevin Doucette shares his story of resilience, determination, and faith.
- “It’s always darkest before the sun comes up!”
- Detective Kevin Doucette was cleared for full duty by the New Orleans Police Department.
- Sitting alone with your thoughts can be a very terrifying thing, it will put you in a war with yourself. You must shift your focus from negative feelings to healing in order to win inside your mind.
- Responsibility and obligation can be a heavy burden to carry in life, but they also have the potential to bolster your resolve and empower you to go through everyday life.
- Everyone has a limit and then there’s the space beyond that. Mindset is the key to unlocking and tapping into that space beyond your limits.
- It takes a lot of faith to continue moving forward. Often it is something that takes over your mind out of nowhere and that is a big blessing in the moment, but you also have the option to instill that faith into your mind intentionally instead of waiting for that feeling.
“Regardless of the obstacle that’s right in front of you, try to be responsive and not react. You have to develop a game plan, a certain mindframe, this isn’t something that happens over night. You have to practice having a strong mind frame… Believe that you can do it, that’s half the battle…” - Detective Doucette
Click on the link below to go to Detective Doucette’s GoFundMe page and show your support: https://gofund.me/356d93a8
Instagram URL: https://www.instagram.com/kdotd2/
Connect with Cheddy Matthews:
Connect with Michelle Wickman: